Tuesday, February 16, 2010

You are much too small for me, world.

If there is one thing I am sure we can all agree on, it's that finances make the world go 'round.
As a Christian I am learning to be happy with what I have, because it is a lot more than what most people can say they have. I have my job [a lot of people cant say they have that] I have my health [a few years ago my health was horrible - in and out of the doctors, hospitals etc] I have a roof over my head, and even if I lost my "roof" I know there is always someone I can turn to until I get back on my feet. However, without having a substantial amount of money I know for me I feel trapped. I feel like I am stuck in the confounds of my home. I feel like I am not able to be the free bird that I want to be. For one, I LOVE to travel! If I could make it my career I would! Obviously though, that involves money. Which sort of brings me to what everyone is talking about. The Economy!!! It is hard to do what you want to do when for one, jobs are scarce. And the little jobs that ARE offered, at least 200 people pounce on and you are lucky to get a call back for even a second interview or a "better luck next time." I know for me, my family is hurting in this economy. My opinion is that it is NOT going to get better any time soon. I pray to God I am wrong. After following the news and reading my bible I just don't have high hopes for this economy. What I think would help the economy is not what the government thinks would help. For one, bring out-sourcing back to America. Right? And another thought would be to lower prices! Hello, no one can still afford to get their nails done for $40 or even afford to buy a car at these prices!
Last weekend I went out and got a breathe of fresh air. It was something in the 70s for the temperature and it felt AMAZING out. Jesse and I talked about the economy issue and what we thought the near future held for our Country. I thought, man, I would LOVE to get out of this Country and move elsewhere, away from it "all." Away from the boundaries that we are all given. Away from this stress, and this mundane life of working and paying bills and working and filing taxes. It really stinks not ever being able to stop and enjoy this life, or the beauty on this Earth. As "free" as our Country is, we are also locked down to certain boundaries that make us "think" we are "free" only because of the amount of space we are given vs the amount of space other countries aren't given. After I thought about how crappy the U.S. is doing right now and how our government is like a bunch of loose cannons, it made me realize I would love to get away from here. But which Country would I go to? Hmm... I couldn't think of any other halfway decent country that I know I would like. (NO, not even Canada - not a big fan!) Sad that our world is SO large, and yet there is no where to turn.
On a more spiritual level, I wish I could leave this Earth and it's misery that has recently come of it. When you start to learn about God, you realize how useless all of this is. The materials, the job you work at (because usually that is all that it is, a job) the driving, the talking... To me it's the fun times that matter the most. The simple enjoyments out of life, such as hiking the Grand Canyon, or traveling to the buatiful wonders on this Earth, or spending time with the people you love. Unfortunately these moments are rare. Too bad we couldn't just head to another planet right?! When I think of all that is to come of this world, and all that already is happening, I just wish I could pack my bags and say "peace out, I'm headed to perfection!" Although, we know that wont come until the very end of our journey here on this Earth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree, completely. what sucks most, is that arizona might be shutting down a lot of their parks, the only thing we have out here that is actually any fun in my opinion. It really sucks. It makes us realize, what will all this lead to. Stop sending jobs over seas. I don't know. I am doubting this country.